You may know Cameron Gray from his recent exhibition “Blacks Only” at The Chapel or his show stopping poster art for The Ready Room (pictured). He’s moving away to pursue his MFA, but we are thrilled that he’s taking the time to teach this Introductory Screen Printing Workshop before he sets sail.
You’ll learn the basics of DIY screen printing using drawing fluid, a technique that you can easily accomplish at home without the use of photosensitive materials. Paper and a few other supplies will be provided for the whole class to share, plus each student gets:
- 8” x 10” Speedball pre-stretched silkscreen
- 9” Speedball squeegee
- 8 oz. Speedball drawing fluid
- 8 oz. Speedball screen filler
- 8 oz. Speedball black acrylic ink (for use with paper)
Speedball's introductory screen printing kit has a list price of $80, so the $75 class fee, which includes three hours of expert instruction along with the supplies, is a pretty great deal!
Due to space limitations, enrollment is capped at 14 students. Our last workshop sold out very quickly, so don't miss out!
September 9, 2017 / cartooning crash course (taught by nick kuntz) / $40 / TICKETS
In this fast-paced cartooning workshop, you'll go from an idea to a fold-up pamphlet comic made out of a single sheet of paper. Scratch paper and a few other supplies will be provided for the whole class to share, plus each student gets to take home:
- Nick's illustrated pamphlet with cartooning tips
- Tombow MONO pencil
- Staedtler rubber eraser
- Two Micron fineliner pens
- Two fine-tipped Tombow brush pens
- 12" metal ruler with cork back
- 9" x 12" bristol paper pad